VIRGIL SHIPPER/RECEIVER POSITION
Vineland Growers is over 100 years in business providing a service to the Agriculture industry in Ontario. Much of our work revolves around the tender fruit industry in Niagara. We have 50 growers who provide us peaches, plums, pears, nectarines, cherries, apricots and table grapes. We sell their fruit in Canada from coast to coast to all the major grocery retailers.
Vineland Growers is adding to its facilities in Niagara on the Lake with a 30,000 square foot addition and is seeking a “shipper/receiver” to assist with the current workload.
Responsibilities would include:
- Operating electric carts and lift trucks in the loading of trailers.
- Tag products that come in for short term cold storage.
- Prepare and maintain shipping records including verification of counts.
- Ship and receive products using Vineland Growers procedures manual.
- Assist with warehouse supervision of part time staff.
- Report to facility supervisor.
- Responsible for supervision of seasonal help
- Correspond with both sales and transportation divisions.
- Perform computer functions required to ship, track and maintain record keeping aspects.
- Maintain facility record for a food safe environment.
- Learning the quality standards of various food groups received and shipped in this business.
- I-trade capable
- A minimum of a College diploma or 1 year experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good command of the English language both oral and written.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Will work longer hours during peak growing season.
- Work on a schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com